Valentine’s Day is often perceived as being a National Nightmare designed for the torture and emotional abuse of single people. Here are 10 reasons why it doesn’t have to be that way:
1. You don’t have to wait for the Extroverted One to finish chatting and saying one last goodbye to all 323 guests at the end of the party before you can drive home.
2. You don’t have to get yourself into a jam trying to decide whether to get the 99-Cent Special V-Day card and save money…or just go-for-broke and get the $7.50 Hallmark deluxe with the pop-up flower garden in the middle.
3. You don’t have to compromise and go out to his/her favorite Chinese-food restaurant for that special dinner.
4. You don’t have to worry about accidentally handing out the “Teacher Valentine” to one of your classmates….
5. You get better sleep — no one snoring in your ear all night, no one stealing all the covers from you, no need to climb over someone else to get up and pee in the middle of the night. The cats and dogs are happy about this one also….
6. You can be fairly certain that you can finish the paragraph you are reading in a book without someone interrupting you to ask you about the “Honey-Do” list.
7. You don’t have to stand in the long, long line at the 24-hour Safeway to get those last-minute flowers that are tied into a bouquet with a rubberband.
8. You can hear yourself think for one extra day out of the year….
9. You can buy yourself a box of chocolates any old day … and eat away your pain….
10. You can buy ANYONE a box of chocolates on any old day and watch as a random act of love and kindness brightens up everyone’s day….
Posted with WordPress for BlackBerry.